Guide To Entertainment Production Insurance
Entertainment production insurance is actually a broad term for several types of insurance programs specifically designed to meet the needs of the entertainment industry. And when we say entertainment industry – we mean the whole gamut entertainment programs that people are accustomed to: from film and TV production, and special events like concerts, special events, festivals, trade shows, and sporting events.
Here is our top web pick for entertainment and production insurance.
Any decent insurance provider would cover these needs of the entertainment industry:
- Spectators’ liability, or liabilities arising from a spectator’s injury
- Damage to property or equipment during filming or during the event
- Weather protection, or losses incurred due to adverse weather condition
- Event cancellation, or losses incurred because of the cancellation of an event
- Floaters for equipment, or insurance for equipment used for filming or an event
- Artists’ liability or damage caused by performing artists
- Producers’ errors and omissions or claims of copyright infringement
- Venues insurance or insurance for venues of concerts and other special events
Insurance providers typically make it their business to come up with the broadest all-risk entertainment insurance programs available. However, standard industry programs make the delineation between all-risk entertainment insurance, weather protection insurance, event cancellation protection, equipment floaters, personal article floaters, venues insurance, and artists’ liability insurance. Of course, actual programs vary from one insurance company to another.
There are many websites on the Internet offering more or less the same of the different entertainment insurance programs.